Back pain cost society more than 30 billion dollars! A ten fold increase since 1997. Recent evidence shows that eating certain non-inflammatory foods can help decrease your pain.
So what should we do to take advantage of this information?
- Cherries, or tart cherry juice
- Olive oil
- (such as in a salad dressing, drizzled over pasta or veggies. less value if you use it for cooking)
- Canned salmon, sardines packed in water or olive oil, mackerel, albacore tuna (preferably wild caught)
- Vegetable protein
- Vegetables and fruits of every color
- Nuts of all kinds
- Green Tea
- Ginger- try steeping some grated root with boiling water
- Corn oil, safflower, sunflower, cottonseed , or mixed vegetable oils
- Margarine and vegetable shortening
- Processed foods
- Products containing high fructose corn syrup
- Foods high in saturated fat, including meat, tropical oils and full fat dairy
- Foods made with trans fats
This anti-inflammatory way of eating is great for ANY inflammatory condition, aim to eat this way all of the time!